You can now import a list of tab-separated items and tags, via Insert > Launch the Import Wizard > Tagged list. If you want such a list assembled from words and tags of Roget’s thesaurus, this can directly be prepared using another option of the import wizard, Roget's tags.
There is a video showing such an example, and another video that shows the following steps to create it.
- Download the Roget files from gutenberg.org: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/10681/10681-h-index-pos.htm and http://www.gutenberg.org/files/10681/10681-h-body-pos.htm
- download and start the Condensr
- Insert > Launch the Import Wizard > Roget’s tags
- select the downloaded body file
- select some theasaurus sections and parts of speech
- select the downloaded index file
- Next >
- don’t worry about the mess
- Advanced > Layouts > Make Circle
- manually rearrange the core circle (start with the lurid icons)
- Next >
- finally, some manual cleanup.
Note that this new function is currently only available in the .jar version, not in .msi and .dmg
If you download the examples http://x28hd.de/demo/roget.xml and http://x28hd.de/demo/randomviz.xml to try it out in your own condensr instance, don’t forget to switch on Advanced > HyperHopping enabled.
If necessary you can also try it via the (limited) demo site, http://x28hd.de/demo/?roget.xml and http://x28hd.de/demo/?randomviz.xml
One thought on “New importer for tagged items”